On January 21, eTwinning Plus Azerbaijan held an award ceremony for the winners of "eTwinning School" Label competition. The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Education, Project Manager and Head of the Bureau on ICT for Education, school principals and teachers.
In February 2017, the eTwinning European Center announced a competition among schools in all countries that joined the project. 188,280 schools from 41 countries joined the first stage of the competition. The participated schools were evaluated according to the following criteria set by the eTwinning European Center:
- Digital practice in the educational process;
- eSafety practice in the educational process;
- Innovative and creative approaches to pedagogy;
- Promoting continuous professional development of staff;
- Promoting collaborative learning practices with staff and students;
- Promoting responsible use of the Internet.
As a result of the evaluation, based on the number of winning schools, Azerbaijan ranked 5th among the 41 participating countries. The list of award-winning Azerbaijani schools for the 2018-2019 eTwinning School Label is as follows:
1. School-Lyceum #220 Baku
2. Baku European Lyceum
3. Secondary school #1 Ismayilli
4. Secondary school #5 Ismayilli
5. Tafakkur lyceum, Sumgait
6. Secondary school #1 Sumgayit
Winner school principals and teachers were awarded and serificated.